Department of Computer Science & Engineering
To be in the frontier of Computer Science and Engineering and to produce globally competent graduates and post graduates with moral values committed to build a vibrant nation.
To strengthen the core competence in computer science and engineering through analytical learning
To produce successful graduates and post graduates with personal and professional responsibilities and commitment to lifelong learning
To uplift innovative research in computer science and Engineering to serve the needs of the industry , Government and society
Program Specific Outcome’s (PSOs):
PSO1: An ability to apply Mathematical methodologies to solve the computational task, model real world problems using appropriate data structures and suitable Algorithms.
PSO3: The capacity to apply standard practices and strategies in the field of software project development to deliver a quality product.
PSO2: The capability to design, implements, test and evaluate a Computer System, component or Algorithm to meet desired needs and to solve a computational problem.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
PEO1: To provide students with a foundation in the principles of Computer Science, including Mathematics and basic engineering necessary to find answers to the technological issues of modern society.
PEO2:To train the students in problem solving skills in design, development and analysis for interpretation and synthesis of data and create awareness for lifelong learning.
PEO3:To provide students with specialized knowledge in focused areas of their choice, in order to strengthen them to make contributions to a specific discipline and pursue post-graduation or research.