Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
To become a Leading Department in Teaching and Learning, to inculcate innovative research for sustainability and to provide societal safety and responsibility.
To ensures the availability of faculty with excellent research potential and innovative methods.
To adopt outcome-based education in a student-centric learning model that helps faculty to plan effective course delivery and assessment with the end point in mind, by identifying curriculum gaps and adding values to fill up the gaps.
To provide high quality education and enabling the students to become competent enough in the Core & Emerging fields of Engineering and to ensure ethical standards among all students for a continuous learning to face every challenge in life.
Contributing to the academic standing and overall knowledge development of the students.
Maintaining adequate infrastructure and good learning environment.
Enhancing the competence of faculty to make them adopt all modern and innovative methods in teaching-learning process.
Collaborating with Institutions and Industries.
Promoting research and development programs.
Conducting workshops and FDPs for improving student and teacher quality. Ensuring continual improvement of Quality Management Systems.
PROGRAME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO)
PSO1: An ability to design and analyze the concepts and applications in the field of Electronics & Communications.
PSO2: An ability to comprehend the technological advancements in the usage of modern design tools to analyze and design systems/processes for a advancements in applications.
PSO3: Inculcate new technological skills and enabling the students to solve problems, expertise core engineering concepts and manage various projects in core &multi-disciplinary fields.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
PEO1: To develop the students with good technical knowledge and aspiration towards higher studies, research and entrepreneurship.
PEO2: To prepare the students to succeed in industry/technical profession through meticulous education with strong moral and ethical values.
PEO3: To develop practical skills of the students by providing hands-on experience.
PSO2: Design ASIC and FPGA based systems using industry-standard tools.
PSO3: Solve research gaps and provide solutions to socio-economic and environmental problems.
PSO2: Use different software tools in the domain of Embedded Systems, for developing applications based on ARM processor core SoC and DSP processor.
PSO3: Integrate multiple sub-systems to optimize the performance of Embedded Systems and excel in industry sectors related to the Embedded Systems domain.
The Programme Outcomes (POs) of the B.Tech ( Electronics and Communication Engineering ) program are listed below:
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identity, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able
To comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.