Department of Information Technology
The department of Information Technology envisions to create groomed, technically competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals specifically from the rural area of telangana to meet the current challenges of the modern computing industry
To uplift the students through advanced quality education in Information Technology.
To maintain state-of-the-art facilities and laboratories where students and faculty can enhance their understanding of technology.
To provide students with the tools to become productive, participating citizens and life-long learners.
To provide an atmosphere for students and faculty for continuous learning to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
Program Specific Outcome’s (PSOs):
PSO1: An ability to understand the principles and development methodologies of Computer Systems. Students can assess the hardware of Computer Systems and possess professional skills and knowledge of the software design processes.
PSO3: The capability to use knowledge in various domains to identify research gaps and hence to provide solutions to new ideas and innovations.
PSO2: The caliber to apply standard Software Engineering practices and strategies in real-time software project development to deliver quality products for the organization’s success.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
PEO1: Implement computing solutions for real-world problems and carry out basic and applied research leading to innovations in Information Technology (IT) and related interdisciplinary areas.
PEO2: Apply knowledge of societal impacts of information technologies in the course of their career related activities ethically and appropriately.
PEO3: To inculcate professional-social ethics, team work in students and acquaint them with requisite technical and managerial skills to attain a successful career.